Established in 1937, the Taigang Baoan Temple in Kaohsiung City underwent restructuring in 1959 to form a foundation and register its board of directors and supervisors
A resolution was made to construct a new Taigang Baoan Temple

Construction began in June 1962, with the main hall completed by March 1965
On the twelfth day of the third lunar month of the same year, the golden statues of the Bao Sheng Da Di and other deities were welcomed into the temple
The remaining construction was completed by 1968
In June 2003, the seventh board of directors and supervisors resolved to expand the eastern and western auxiliary halls
The Yue Lao Hall was completed and consecrated in September 2012
The temple is open to the public from 5:00 to 22:00 all year round






